Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Taste Of Europe: a Ukrainian & American Cuisine

A TASTE OF EUROPE: A UKRAINIAN & AMERICAN CUISINE

I had the immense pleasure, of happening upon what I thought was a brand new restaurant, near the old Super Tire Auto Garage on Upper Court St. But, a couple things have changed in the area!! Super Tire was sold by my old friend and her family, Barry * Brooke Shapiro to Monro Muffler. Now led by an astute, and very kind staff of mechanics. Meaning, this will still be my #1 garage to go to in the area! But, my happenstance, in looking to eat breakfast at Burger King down the street, while posting news, was rudely, and happily interrupted by the discovery of the year long established restaurant, A Taste Of Europe: A Ukranian & American Cuisine, owned by Ukranian Igor Shelestosky. A gentleman of fine stature, he took the time to sit down with this reporter, and share his story, and and answered a few questions about the upheaval in Ukraine. Much to my surprise, as a former resident of this great country of Northern Europe, he informed me, that it is not so much Russia that is the problem over there, but more the corrupt government running his old country! I was sure to inform him that his restaurant is quite beautifully built inside, and out, that his food was delicious as can be for a new style breakfast I tried, and his waiter, Edwin, was just amazing at his job. He was sweet, kind, fast paced, and on top of everything. I felt terrible, informing him that I was reviewing, but I remember being reviewed without notice by Bob Zagat, who's life I saved at Dances With Wolves, in Columbia Circle Theaters in 1989, post serving him at Dallas Barbecue, without knowing. Although the NYC article was very nice, I have a new attitude of letting others know that I am reviewing. Yes, it might Jade them a bit, but truly I judge others well, and if someone edges me off the bat, or I don't like, I won't give them advance warning to do their best job. My vegetable omelet was gigantic hanging over the edges of my plate, and just about the size of a 100 page book. Served with a well sized portion of hash brown, coffee, and a water I didn't even have to ask for, I was treated to a comfortable, tasty breakfast that came to a huge $8 and change. That's right! You read that correct! It is very affordable at this restaurant/Diner, that really seems to have a 4 star quality in food, ownership, style, look, and service! The kitchen was fast and perfect in their plating and delivery of food. You can find Apps, Perogies, Soups, Salads, Build Your Own Platters, Entrees, Sides, Sandwiches, and build your own sandwiches, Pasta, and Drinks filling a page lunch and dinner menu, with a separate breakfast menu to boot! Starve yourself a meal, then run, walk, or drive carefully to 440 Upper Court St., Binghamton, NY for a great dining experience! 607-296-4213

Written By:
Colin Bruce Munro Wood
Wood News Agency
@WoodNewsAgency
@ColinBruceMunroWood
#woodnewsagency1; #colinbmwood
Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!