Saturday, May 6, 2017

YOU ARE A SPECIAL CREATION!!!





I had previously written last week about this subject, and before doing so, I didn't think of the darkness of which I mentioned. I told stories of my past abuse and didn't think about how this could drive someone to think badly or negatively before finishing the article, which still didn't' have the positivity which I will breathe into this one.

I am here to share with you how I coped over the years with this hard part of life for those of us who wear our hearts on our sleeves for all to see.

This is not a bad character trait as some might convince you, at all! As a matter of fact, it is an amazing trait that is not common nowadays, and you have the chance to take what you learn from your childhood and make it into a beautiful story of strength, recovery, and promise for those to come after you. Whether it be through art, dancing, singing, acting, your career,  your involvement with others, or your family, you can actually be the strongest person in the world, and this light can shine forth to others because you are so beautiful in your heart!

Many of us suffer the pain of childhood abuse, childhood bullying, and teen bullying, and sometimes it continues for some short years to come. But what can you do to show that this has no effect upon you?

You must stand strong in your will to live. You must accept that you are special in a great and powerful way, and not what you are told you are.

These sad becomings from children and teens and adults come from their inability to accept who they are when reality rings true.

We, with the hearts and souls that can touch lives forever and decades to come, are the ones with the actual power.

Imagine someone such as Robin Williams ending his life when he was young. What a tragic and incredible loss that would have been to the world! This is a man that dedicated his talent to lifting the spirits of children and adults alike in a way that I don't think anyone has ever approached in their lifetimes or careers. He showed us love, tenderness, and compassion. He taught us to listen, to understand, and to accept those who weren't like us because that is the strength of the world. Being different is a great gift bestowed upon us at birth.

When you are young, or a teenager, you are surrounded by a smaller world. The world in which you feel you may never escape. But I can guarantee that you can escape this world and the utterances of resilience to who you are in your own mind!

Easy for me to say you might think?

Well, I suffered through some of the cruelest things a boy could ever face in their life. However, for many years I made the mistake of becoming a defensive person with a chip on my shoulder, and hate for the world.

It was the wrong way to live. I survived these times as a young boy, and I was successful AT TIMES in my older years of my twenties and thirties. But then everything I  held in during those years hit me all at once at 40, and it took me 7 years to recover to the place I am in now.

I HAVE found peace. I have found love. I have found acceptance.

More importantly though, and the point I want to make, is that I discovered that you can be the power that rules all. Not like a crazy person, but as a human being that spreads love, acceptance, peace, and doesn't use anger, or annoyance, or words to hurt back.

It is possible to love everyone, even your enemy when you release what has convinced you that you are no good, and realize deep within that you are a great creation brought to this Earth for a great reason.

You are here to create a union of souls that inspire, and intrigue others. You can do this as mentioned above by your work, family involvement, and your creativeness. Don't forget what happens to you, or happened to you once upon a time when you felt surrounded by a harsh life, but carry it with you as a torch to light your soul, and to burn from within with positivity, strength, lessons learned, and with the knowledge to hep others.

I have, of course, known adults who act this way. That want to hurt you for being different from them. But know in your mind that these are the people who truly suffer. We only suffer an outward threat, where they are suffering an inner threat to who they really are. Their hearts are also fighting how they act and treat others and trying to make them aware of their falsities.

Search for counseling from adults who understand the weight upon your shoulders if you can not think your way out yourself. There is a bigger world than what bullying has to offer, and suicide is never, ever the answer, You have a whole lifetime to live, and things can change on a dime. I promise you that.

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-two-girls-park-giving-each-other-hug-image14687322


One day I was leaving to do a tour in Europe of a show, and I got a call on the payphone in the hallway of the building I lived in, in which I could only afford a room with a bed, hot stove, and a bathroom. I was dirt poor. I lived in NYC and had only done some shows that paid the minimum at that time of 1991. My cab was waiting. I was excited to tour Europe, but still knew I'd face some hardship when I returned to the great City of NY. I was getting 400 a week or so for the show but knew I'd spend a lot around Europe if I wanted to join everyone else in having some fun. I answered that call hesitantly as I thought maybe it was my girlfriend asking me to not leave. It turned out to be the biggest choice and surprise of my life. I was hired to leave the tour in 3 months after they paid for my acting replacement, his flight, and his rehearsals, and my flight from Norway to Bochum, Germany, so that I could star as the first cast Rusty in Starlight Express for a 1-year contract. I'd never done a show more than 2 months at this point. I asked for the amount of pay, seeing that is was a huge choice, and a big chance to take to leave a show. I can only say that the money was out of this world for 1991. More than I had ever imagined making even as a baseball player which still my dream as well back then. I took it of course, and it briefly changed my life and gave me more strength to and confidence to continue throughout life. Had I not taken that call, I would not be where I am today. I have a beautiful life, and three blood children whom I adore, and four step children. I have a lovely girlfriend whom I will marry soon and a wonderful home.

So what's the point you might ask?

The point is that life can throw surprises at you at any given moment, and you don't have any idea when that moment is coming. Do you really want to miss out on such amazing parts of your future? Do you really believe that there aren't other who want to see you succeed and be a part of your amazing life?

We all get busy sometimes, but it doesn't' mean we don't care about others.

You are a special and amazing creation, and you ARE ALL here for a purpose. You may not know what that is until you are 20, 30, 40, or 50. But, I guarantee that if you put yourself to the test, never give up, that you will find what you are looking for. Death is never the answer!

I love you, your family and friends love you and believe me, there are much more in the world that you will meet that will love your beautiful heart and soul, as well.

Keep trekking into the future!

Written By: Colin Bruce Munro Wood - 12:30 ET/18:30 German Time, Gemmrigheim - 5.6.2017



First photo courtesy of:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-two-girls-park-giving-each-other-hug-image14687322

Second photo courtesy of:
http://people.com/celebrity/friends-cast-posing-with-their-younger-selves-10th-anniversary-of-friends/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!