Sunday, May 14, 2017

WHAT IS A MOTHER?









Mother's around the United States are celebrated today in a way that no other individual, other than Christ, is celebrated all year long.


In the United States, the celebration of Mother's Day began in the early 20th century. It is not related to the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration (originally a commemoration of Mother Church, not motherhood). However, in some countries, Mother's Day has become synonymous with these older traditions.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day

The first celebration of mothers in the United States took place in 1908. After Anna Jarvis worked tirelessly since 1905 to institute it. The first recognition took place at the St. Andrew's Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virgina.

So, what is a mother to you?

I am sure we can all give different, and alike answers to that question. We have all experienced different forms of motherly guidance, love, and support.

To me, a mother is someone who gets up every morning to greet you and feed you. She bathes you and changes your clothes when you are young. 

As you age, she plays with you, buys you things you need, and works seemingly tirelessly for sometimes up to 16 hours a day. This can include your maintenance, a job, and cleaning the house, and giving Dad love if he is there.

Many mothers these days are performing these duties alone. I do not mean to take away from all the fathers who also are in this position, or remain in their children's lives after a divorce or separation. But, today is about mothers.

Moms get you to your lessons and practices. They make sure you have the items you need for such things. They attend your events and give you hugs and kisses after.

Mothers hold you, guide you, and then sorrowly watch as you fly the coop, but never give up being your mother. They continue to support you in what you do, maybe give you money when you are in need or a place to stay.

They put up with your crap when you are a teen, and for the years to come until you finally mature into an adult. But, their love never fails!

You can fail time and again or be successful, and they are there until their end.

A mother never gives up on her child!

So, in celebrating my mother today with the respect I truthfully haven't given to her in years, but with a change in personality and attitude, today celebrating her, I remember her love when I was a boy crying late at night over a lost animal. I remember who well-cooked meals. I remember her working every day to put a roof over my head, and shoes on my feet, and food in my mouth. I remember her allowing me and my brothers the freedom to adventure outdoors for hours, and the freedom to choose what we wanted to do, even if she didn't agree. I remember a mother who has helped me endlessly financially over my years of failure. I remember a mom who came to NYC to see me perform, who came to Virginia, and Germany, and Lancaster, PA to see what I do best. I remember signing LADY on the Spirit of NY in the late 1980's to her, when she even paid for a dinner cruise to see her son perform once again. I now, in my aging wisdom remember, I have a MOM who has always been there for me, no matter what I've decided, no matter how much I argued with her over the years, no matter how I treated her with disdain sometimes, she never gave up, and has never neglected me. 




Today, after recently growing up to be my age, 47, I celebrate the mother I should have celebrated all my life!

What's so amazing about a mother?

She has waited for this day without hesitation or disdain for me. She has continuously stood by my side, and that is what a mother is! Your Rock, your foundation, your inner soul, and the woman who put you on this planet!

To those who celebrate today in America, and those who celebrate around the globe respectively, I offer you honor, and respect this day, as the foundations of the World!

Without moms, where would mankind be? 

Nonexistent!

So, surely celebrate your mother with passion and flowers, and dinners, and love today, and hold her in the highest regard for the life she has given you, and the life she continues to nurture!

I love you, MOM! Love to all mothers around the USA today!

Written by: Colin Bruce Munro Wood - 04:35AM ET, 10:35AM German time - 05.14.2017

In dedication to Andreita Gilberta (Cism) Pullis - my mom!

Main photo courtesty of: 
https://www.google.de/search?q=pictures+of+mother%27s+with+babies&tbm=isch&imgil=iZFwIMtL7SXe3M%253A%253BA7s5hobzgFY9mM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fpin%25252F75857574949198263%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=iZFwIMtL7SXe3M%253A%252CA7s5hobzgFY9mM%252C_&usg=__RVKi_dA5zQSjdxOwU-mbJH7gl3M%3D&biw=1600&bih=770&ved=0ahUKEwjVmMTm_e7TAhXGUBQKHZ77Ao0QyjcIOw&ei=gxcYWZXLOcahUZ73i-gI#imgrc=iZFwIMtL7SXe3M:

Second photo courtesy of:

https://www.google.de/search?q=pictures+of+mother%27s+with+babies&tbm=isch&imgil=iZFwIMtL7SXe3M%253A%253BA7s5hobzgFY9mM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fpin%25252F75857574949198263%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=iZFwIMtL7SXe3M%253A%252CA7s5hobzgFY9mM%252C_&usg=__RVKi_dA5zQSjdxOwU-mbJH7gl3M%3D&biw=1600&bih=770&ved=0ahUKEwjVmMTm_e7TAhXGUBQKHZ77Ao0QyjcIOw&ei=gxcYWZXLOcahUZ73i-gI#imgrc=2s3YeyoFb4VGNM:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!