Thursday, July 14, 2016

DANI CRONCE 6 MONTHS

Dani Cronce
City Councilwoman

My dear friends,
It has been six months since I was elected as the 3rd Districts City Councilwoman. I wanted to take this moment to tell you how I feel about my constituents and my district. I wish to share my hope, dreams and aspirations for my community throughout the next three and a half years.

First, I want to thank all of you for your confidence in my ability to serve you. The fact that you choose me touches my heart immensely. Starting this journey I had the passion to make my community better. I came to your door and spoke with you about your concerns. Speaking with my neighbors helped me become more aware of the larger issues we face. It also formed a bond of unity within myself and my constituents. I realized that we all have the same basic need.
The need for safety, quality housing, a comfortable and well maintained neighborhood to live in, and good education for our families.

The third district has four different groups that form one community within the third district.

We have Riverside Drive area which houses many of Binghamton's top professional's. Many of the residents in this neighborhood are long time residents. This part of the third district is manicured and full of large and splendid historic homes.

We also house many BU Students between Oak Street and Chestnut Street, and from Seminary to Main Street. Our students bring youth and livelihood. Many homes in this part of our neighborhood house students during the academic year. I see that some of these homes are empty and falling into disrepair.

From Chestnut to Laurel is our middle class district. Unique and decorative housing bring creativity to the Westside. Our beautiful tree lined part of this district make this neighborhood a beautiful aspect in Binghamton.

North of Main Street to Gerard and Jarvis makes up the rest of the third district. This area is in need of housing rehabilation the most. Many people fail to see the beauty in the housing stock in this area. I see it though. This neighborhood is a gem waiting to be polished.

Each part of my beautiful district has it's own strengths and weaknesses. This makes it challenging to address community issues. Safety issues in one area of my district are far more different then in the rest of the district. Housing conditions are different and so are the constituents who reside in the homes and apartments.
Handling issues that cross over from one part of my district to another is also a challenge. What is helpful for one part of my district may be useless in another part. I am finding balance in my neighborhood. Always looking for ways to help my constituents have a better quality of life.

I continue to address these issues as City Councilwoman. I have been devoting my time to writing down my process so I can share it with you. I hope that you continue to join me on this journey as I work to help my community succeed.
All I can say is that I have a great love for my community. I wish to give all I have to help my residents and neighbors have a bountiful, peaceful and happy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!