Wednesday, December 14, 2016

GLOBAL PEACE, LOVE, AND UNITY





GLOBAL PEACE, LOVE, AND UNITY
(Ignoring the system of foolery & negativism)
Written by: Colin Bruce Munro Wood – 12/14/2016 – 11:09AM ET



I'm guilty! Guilty as guilty can be!!

I have, over my past 16 years of life, allowed myself to be mislead, misguided, misinformed, taunted, terrorized, lied to, and fallen victim to the agenda of power and money, in news and politics.

I think on the last 5 millennium of human history as we know it, based on biblical, news, written, and word of mouth accounts. Unfortunately, much of this history on Earth is filled with war, war mongers, vicious leaders, taking of land, countries, death, starvation, and so much more.

But why?

My belief, and history, truly show that much of this negativity through out man's existence has been brought on by the need for power, money, and often, the belief that one is better than the other.

I challenge you to argue that assessment!

A friend mentioned that he'd like me to write about how the USA can be a leader in bringing people, and the basically, the world together, by ignoring misleading media, and the political system. I add, that both of those systems are a hex upon many other countries besides ours.

Along with my friend Dan, I see America as the one country who can end the rhetoric, and be the leader in bringing the world together in unity, peace, and harmony.

Over the years, I, as well as many other Americans, have fed my brain with news, news, and more news. I'm talking sometimes, up to 10 hours a day of news, whether it was on my television, my phone, or my radio. When I spent 7 years on the road selling insurance, I listened to hours and hours of Republican driven talk radio.
See, from the age of knowledge, maybe 16 years old, I decided I was a democrat. I remained a democrat until 9/11/01. After a couple years of becoming a Fox News addict, and Bill O'Reilly addict, that morning in NYC, was my final straw as a democrat. I decided, from that day on, that I would be a Republican, who believed in destroying terrorism wherever it existed, protecting America no matter what it took, and supported Capitalism for the first time in my existence. This continued for 15 more years, until last fall of 2015, when Trump began a serious run towards the Presidency. At this point, I decided to take my head out of my %@&*&%, and make my own decisions, instead of allowing a news network to guide all my thoughts.

Over the past year, I have taken to Flipboard as a source of news, and both Fox and CNN. Flipboard offers a ton of news articles from several sources, with several opinions on several topics. I do not allow any of these to form my opinion any longer, but instead I look more for what these sources are trying to prove and what their angles are, and why. Then, I take the facts, not the opinions, and form my own opinions. Simple right? Well, for most Americans, not so much.

Many Americans, more than any other nation in the world, are led by news sources, and their beliefs are taken from what they see or hear in the news. Many refuse to look at multiple sources, and will choose just one source. No matter your choice, chances are, most of what you read about is negative. War, bad leaders, treason, murder, terrorism. Yes it all exists.

What the news refuses to offer is the good in the world. I am learning that there actually is more good in the world than bad, and more good people than ugly. It's all about the choices you make, the people you associate with, and what you decide to breathe out to others emotionally, personally, compassionately, and honestly.

Along with the competitive news system, that unfortunately does attract followers to negative news, we have an extremely corrupt political system, that needs a major overhaul. Money runs our country, and takes it out of the hands of the rest of people in America, who are not wealthy, which is most of us.

The political system is so deeply entrenched in illegalities over decades of manipulation, that it hardly recognizes how crooked it really is.

When was the last time, we saw such an incredibly odd presidential run, and outcome? Who knows, it may not be over, if electorates change their votes...Anything seems possible nowadays.

To get to what my friend Dan hopes to see in America, is a country that rises above the negativity of news, and the false information it chucks out to the public every day. A country filled with people who can, and want to change the political system to once again represent the people, as it was originally meant to do. A country filled with people who love, understand, except, and choose to begin in their own circles, communities, friendships, by setting an example of goodness, kindness, open mindedness, acceptance, and what really should be considered, humanness.

I've spoken of this before, but why is it so hard for so many of us on Earth, a tiny little dot in the Universe, to understand that we are all the same, and all on the same little dot. We started off wrong in our History, with wars, and killing, and hate. Now, I am not ignorant to realize that man kind of had to start with these selfish way to survive and evolve over time. Evolve is the KEY word, however! We are evolving, growing, aging, learning, improving technologically, improving medically. We lag though, in the growth of how we treat others, and in what we still accept as okay, or normal in society.

How can we be so advantageous in so many ways throughout history, especially the past 100 years, but still lag in the treatment and understanding of each other, other religions, other nationalities, or other sexual personalities.

Despite what news stations want us to feel, fear and believe, and despite a political system that has been failing us, we can still look around ourselves, and realize that our Country is still ticking, growing, improving in many ways. Terrorism is not destroying our country as it is others. Our economy is improving. People are helping others. Businesses are profiting. Jobs are being found. Love is abound.

I challenge you to turn off that news station, close that news paper, and ignore that FB fake news report, if you are unable to weed through the coercion that entails it all. Start choosing to love everyone, accept everyone, and be the change you want to see in America.


Together, as a nation, we can change how the news works, and how our political system is currently attacking the lower and middle classes. We, the people, can be one, as a nation of melding nationalities and personalities, and be the leader in the world for global peace, love and unity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!