Sunday, September 11, 2016

9-1-1: YOUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED





9-1-1: YOUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED
Written by: Colin Bruce Munro Wood – 09-11-2016 5:54PM ET



15 years....
15 years!!!!
15 years???

Yes, it's been 15 years since the day our lives changed forever in America.

Yes, it's been 15 years that we have not had any sizable terrorist attack of that nature.

Yes, it's actually been 15 years since it happened. Time flies by like a comet in the sky, and some of us have forgotten the tragedy that affected every soul in the United States that day. It even affected the futures of those born that day, and thereafter.

Forever, now we live in a world of high security. A world where every move we make outside our homes can be watched from above, from the cameras on streets, to your own computer camera.

Admittedly, and I think anyone my age would agree, and anyone born post Vietnam, grew up thinking we were invincible. Sure, we had the nuclear cold war, but it was nothing compared to the scare of the early 60's nuclear threats, or the WW2 u-boat threats off shore, or the Civil, 1812, or Revolutionary wars. Basically, my generation, I think that's Gen X, if I'm correct, have grown up in the safest place in the world. Until 9/11/2001. We never would have imagined planes being able to get so close to our large buildings in NYC, that anything such as what happened was possible. Our military would take them down somehow. The United States would never allow someone to threaten us with planes.

I'm just taking a guess here, but I bet that's what most of my generation and later generations believed.

I used to laugh at the concept of movies such as Red Dawn. Although they were fun to watch, who truly believed, other than conspirators, and crazy people that the Russians could invade our country. Beyond belief in the 1980's to me. I never worried it could happen. I had faith in our defense.

Little did I understand in my youth, how our defense is spread around the globe, and as we learned on 9/11, was not geared to protect our own country really. Most defense plans were to avert outside nemesis. In fact, the FAA's system, did not directly connect with the Department of Defense, in order to easily map the direction to the hijacked planes. Therefore, they were not able to find them quick enough. Also, two jets were sent out without any weapons loaded yet. Due to time restriction.

Basically, we were not ready for what happened that day.

What I find myself inspired to write about is the idiocy, and yes I hate having to define people or anything this way, but the stupidity of those who continue to mock what happened all over the east coast that day, with their inane reasoning that the Bush family took down the towers in New York, and planned the whole day, in order to support an oil war in the middle east.

You people make me want to puke up a lung to be moot. I don't consider myself an extreme rightist or leftist anymore. Those days are gone with my youth. I am a realist now. I live in the middle, and lean where it takes brain and a heart to lean.

I was a Bush fan, and a Rightist Republican for 18 years, after being a Liberal Democrat for 11. I am no re-registered Democrat, and if you look at my previous articles, you will find that I am voting for Clinton. Against my previous feelings and beliefs of her. Which have seesawed throughout her career, with my party support.

My point being, that even if you don't like George Bush, if you have any heart, you can read the emotions on his face throughout his Presidency about terrible things that happened, and hard choices he had to make. The man was real, and his errors and mistakes only made him human, and at no time did he ever act arrogant, or act like he was perfect.

Yes, after the planes, he was powerful, and indignant, and courageous, to stand up against monsters, and demagoguery, and evil in the middle east. He believed in his military, and he led with power and might. I hail George Bush for his strength, and wisdom in military leadership and protection of our country, children, family members, friends, strangers, and fellow Americans.

This is not a fight about shootings. This is about large attacks. Such as is seen on the other side of the world daily.

Some of us Americans can't quite seem to grasp the incredible freedom and peace that we actually still enjoy in this amazing country. Look eastward my children, and grow up and realize that our Presidents have been protecting us, regardless of their political affiliations. Obama kept us safe from major attacks for 8 more years. 15 years folks....15 years.....

Can the Middle East, Germany, Belgium, France, Amsterdam, India, or many other places east of us say the same?

Yes, if you are cynical and insane, you can put together circumstantial facts, and puzzle together a not so fitting, and disturbing picture of the Bush family controlling a demolition of the towers. I personally, if I had the power, would put you all in a loony bin.

President Bush was absolutely devastated the day those towers came down, and our DOD was hit, and the lives of the people on Flight 093 were taken from their loves ones.

Just simply explain one little thing to me. How does a family, with a Sr. Bush who didn't even agree with his son on the war in the Middle East, come together, and hire more than 12 terrorists to take over 4 planes. Oh, and don't forget to explain how these 12 terrorists were Bush family haters, and wanted them dead. How did that relationship connect again?

But, I digress. Today is should only be a day of mourning, remembrance, patriotism, strength, faith, and a show of unity to the world.

We don't need you fools who want to continue to divide our country, and keep us hated by the world.

It is time for unity with the world, and it is time for us all to come together as a country and help rid the world of terrorism.

R.I.P., to the thousands of lives lost that day, bodies not recovered, and peace to the families who suffered! True Patriots stand with you all, and will forever hold your hurtful memories within our own hearts!


Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here! We have finally opened up this choice! Thank you!!!